Dr. Emmanuel K. Srofenyoh
Dr. Emmanuel K. Srofenyoh
Dr. Emmanuel Srofenyoh is a Consultant Obstetrician Gynecologist. He holds an M-PHIL degree in Health Services Management. He attended Dzodze-Penyi Secondary School, Presbyterian Boys School, the University of Ghana Medical School and later the University of Ghana Business School.
Education: FWACS, MPHIL HSM
He completed his Fellowship Programme in 2003. He worked briefly at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital and was transferred to the Greater Accra Regional Hospital at Ridge to help revamp obstetric care at the facility.
Between 2004 –2011, Dr. Srofenyoh headed the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the then Ridge Regional Hospital. He supervised the complete transformation of Gynaecological and Obstetrics services in the Ridge Regional Hospital. During his tenure the output of the Hospital grew from an annual delivery rate of 2000 (2004) to 9357 (in 2011), making the Hospital the largest obstetric centre within the Ghana Health Service and the 3rd largest nationwide (after the Komfo Anokye and Korle Bu Teaching Hospitals).
He was the resident coordinator and key implementing personnel of “The Multi-Disciplinary and System-wide Centre of Excellence Project at Ridge to Reduce Maternal and Perinatal Death Using Continuous Quality Improvement Methodologies.” The Project was under the auspices of Ghana Health Service, Kybele (an international NGO committed to safer childbirth worldwide), and the Greater Accra Regional Hospital, Ridge.
From 2011 to 2015, he served as Head of Clinical Services at the Ridge Regional Hospital contributing meaningfully to a number of Operational Committees such as the Hospital Management Committee, Core Management Committee, Drugs and Therapeutics, Procurement, and Audit Response Implementation Committees.
He was appointed the Acting Medical Director in May 2017. He later became the substantive Medical Director of the New Greater Accra Regional Hospital.
His interest areas include; Quality Issues in Health Service Delivery, Leadership Development, Effective Management as a Strategy for Improving Health Systems and Change Management Within Health Institutions.
His Achievements include:
- The transformation of Obstetrics Care at the Ridge Regional Hospital making it currently the 3rd largest nationwide and placing it among the best obstetrics centres in the country.
- He has published widely and contributed to several articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- He played a key role in the introduction of triage systems to the Ridge Hospital.
- He has received numerous awards in recognition of commitment and dedication to the overall improvement of Quality Healthcare Standards.
- He has provided exemplary leadership in the successful operationalization of the new facility and is working with the management team to strengthen the institution’s various operational systems.
Dr. Emmanuel Srofenyoh loves reading and has particularly been praised for his outstanding relationship with the media and overcoming the daunting task of ensuring that the Greater Accra Regional Hospital has an excellent image and reputation.